Open International Film Festival IN LOVE WITH ART is held in accordance with a pre-established plan and has the status of a competitive international festival of documentary, feature short films and animated films about the preservation of cultural heritage.
General Producer: Ilya Mikhaylov-Sobolevsky
Festival Director: Nadezhda Sabelnikova
Date and venue of the Film Festival:
From October 19 to 22d, 2022, Russia, St. Petersburg. The main venue of the film festival will be determined no later than September 15th, 2022.
Goals and objectives of the Film Festival:
• Popularization of documentaries, short fiction and animated films about the preservation of Russian cultural heritage in world cinema.
• The discovery of new names in the domestic cinema in films about culture and art.
• Promotion of films on the territory of the Russian Federation through television screenings, cinema rentals and creative meetings of film creators with the audience.
• Support for the creation of partnerships between Russian and foreign cinematographers, as well as Western European masters of cinematography.
• Assistance to Russian cinematographers in the implementation of original ideas and projects.
• Providing young Russian filmmakers with the opportunity to participate in international film festivals and pitchings.
• Within the framework of the exchange of young specialists, the creation of favorable conditions for creative cooperation between Russian and world film producers.
• Support for veterans of Russian cinema.
The program of the Film Festival:
1. The main Competition is a documentary film competition (films whose timekeeping should not exceed 80 minutes are accepted);
2. Competition of short feature films (films whose timekeeping should not exceed 26 minutes are accepted);
3. Debut Film Competition; (films whose timekeeping should not exceed 30 minutes are accepted) Gaming / non-gaming
4. Online Cinema Contest; (films made for online Internet services are accepted) the timing of which should not exceed 26 minutes
5. Contest "The Best Musical film"
6. The best animated film; (films whose timekeeping should not exceed 30 minutes are accepted)
7. Out-of-competition screenings
ALL WORKS SHOULD REFLECT: Cultural, moral and aesthetic values.
Terms of the Competition
Those wishing to submit a film for participation in an Open International Film Festival must officially declare this to the Directorate of the Film Festival "Lovers of Art"(hereinafter abbreviated IAFF). The selection of films for participation in the IAFF is carried out by the selection committee.
Acceptance of films for consideration by the selection committee is carried out through the online system form: on the website of the film festival www.artcinemafest.ru
The deadline for accepting applications for participation is August 25th, 2022.
Official notices of the selection committee's decision on each of the films submitted to the IAFF will be published on the website no later than the date of the official press conference of the festival.
Only films that have not previously been publicly shown on the territory of the Russian Federation can participate in the competitive programs of the Film Festival. However, the IAFF Directorate may decide to include films in the program that were previously shown in the country.
The program of film screenings at the Film Festival is determined by the IAFF Directorate. Each film can be shown no more than twice during the festival, including press screenings.The competition programs include full-length and short films, the production of which is completed after August 2020. There may be one exception to the rule (the decision of the general producer). The general producer of the ICF is not obliged to explain the reason for his choice.
In the competition programs, preference is given to Russian and international premieres
The festival's competitive programs accept films in high-quality digital formats on electronic media (ProRess file, DCP, HDD, flash drive ...).Presentation of copies for the application is possible via an Internet link or through a file exchange service.
Demo copies of films participating in the festival Competitions must be in the original language and with English or Russian subtitles, if the original language is not English or not Russian. Films are accepted only with pre-sewn subtitles. Copies of films participating in the festival Competitions must be handed over to the IAFF Directorate no later than September 10, 2021.
All terms and conditions are binding, otherwise the IAFF Management reserves the right to exclude the film from the Festival program.
Registration of the application and documentation for participation in the Film Festival:
Those who wish to participate in the Film Festival competition fill out an application form and send it to the IAFF online Directorate, as indicated on the film festival website. A completed filmography sheet (entry form) for each submitted film confirming participation in the IAFF must be received by the IAFF Directorate no later than September 1st, 2022.
Simultaneously with the notification of participation, the following documents should be sent to the IAFF Directorate:
• The full text of the film in the original and in one of the following languages: Russian, English;
• Subtitle sheet in English and Russian (if necessary
• Synopsis, promotional materials, press materials;
• Promotional video and scene from the movie• Materials for the catalog (information about the creators of the film, photos, including a photo of the director, film slides• ALL FILMS PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION MUST BE SUBTITLED BY THE CREATORS.
If for some reason they are not subtitled, the film festival provides this service only for an additional fee of the participant.
The jury of the Film Festival:
To evaluate the competitive films, an international jury of competition programs is being created, consisting of ten people in general, will be represented by prominent figures of the Russian cinema, media representatives, as well as well-known representatives of cinema and art.
Prizes and awards of the Film Festival:
The Grand Jury awards prizes to films in the following categories:
• The main awars is for the best film
• Special Jury Award - (awarded in accordance with the decision of the jury
• Award for the best director's work (at the discretion of the jury);
• Award for the best debut;
• Award for the best documentary
• Award for the best feature short film
• Award for the best film in the nomination "Cinema in Online";
• The best animated film
Prizes are awarded by the Organizing Committee and the IAFF Directorate
• Prize for the preservation of the cultural heritage of the Russian Federation.
The sponsor of the Film Festival can be any organization that supports its goals and objectives, participates in its financing, organization and conduct
Participation in the festival provides for compliance with all the points of this Regulation. In case of disputed issues under the Regulation, the IAFF Directorate has the right to resolve all issues not specified in this Regulation, in accordance with the articles of the International Regulations for FIAPF Film Festivals.
Changes to the competition program after the application is submitted will not be accepted. Incorrectly filled out questionnaires and applications (errors in the name, surname or name of the director, screenwriter, actor, etc.), entails incorrect registration of the diploma and related materials
(catalogs, posters, etc.)
After sending the application and the attached documents by e-mail, the contestants must contact the IAFF Directorate to confirm receipt of the information.
By submitting a film to the Contest, you agree that the video of the film becomes publicly available for viewing, and the IAFF Directorate is not responsible for the preservation of your copyrights.